Annual General Meeting 2018
Patterson Lake Association of Lanark Highlands
Watsons Corners Hall July 21, 10:30 AM
Meeting followed by pot luck lunch
- Welcome by the President. (State of the Lake)
- Appointment of annual general meeting secretary.
- Conduct of Meeting: Discussions will be after a motion has been moved and seconded.
All are welcome to speak to a motion. There is only one vote per property and only one vote regardless of the number of properties that a person owns. Any voter may request a poll if he or she disputes the call of the chair.
- Confirmation of Quorum. Approval of the agenda.
- Report of the Nominating Committee of the whole Board, followed by elections of Executive Committee. (Executive Committee to meet immediately after adjournment to elect a president, secretary, and treasurer.)
- Financial report
- Appointment of an auditor/reviewer (note review can be done by an external reviewer not a member of the Board in lieu of an auditor, if agreed unanimously at the AGM) .
- Appointment of bankers.
- Input to the website – news and request for inputs (newsletter integrated)
- Lake Photo Draw: all members eligible – will be drawn at Picnic from all those having provided an email contact.
- Annual Picnic (Saturday August 11, noon to 2 PM Purdon cottages)
- Current issues (e.g. MVCA invasive species survey; State of the Lake field camp by Carleton University environment class , proposal to update lake conservation plan, lake safety concerns, caterpillar infestation)
- Other business.