Minutes of the
Annual General Meeting
Patterson Lake Association
Sunday, Sept 2, 2007
- Lorne Bowerman opened the meeting at 2:00 PM, welcoming everyone and discussing the six different areas around the lake and introduced the head table consisting of Ted Manning, Patrick Gilliland, Jack Hobbs, Lorne Bowerman, Howard Stanley and Rhodena Bell.
- Lorne appointed Rhodena as secretary.
- Conduct of the meeting was explained by Lorne, voting by show of pink cards that were passed out at registration.
Lorne confirmed that we had a quorum.
- Terry Wilkie moved to accept the agenda seconded by Kathleen Sullivan. Motion carried.
- Approval of the minutes of the 2006 Annual General Meeting. Rhodena Bell asked that we approve the minutes. This was seconded by Connie Bowerman. Motion carried.
- Financial Report. Howard reported that we had revenue of $1,130.00, expenses of $614.46, and a bank balance at the end of our fiscal year on July 31, 2007 of $515.54 Howard Stanley moved that we accept the financial report and auditor’s report. Ken Potter seconded this. Motion carried.
- Report on the progress on the Lake Management Plan. Lorne reported on the work that has been done on the Lake Management Plan including results of our water testing to check out high alkaline readings from Mississippi Valley Conservation report. Ted Manning stated that our pH levels were all close to 7 and that is good.We tested for a few other things like water hardness and nitrites and nitrate and looked for other contaminates none of the readings were high and
all looked good. We hope to keep up the water testing on a regular basis. Lorne stated that there are excellent examples of lake management plans to follow i.e. Otty Lake, Crotch Lake, Bobs Lake. As a lake organization it is important to decide how to manage the lake to keep the water quality high.
- Report of Nominating Committee of the whole board. The nominated representatives are:
Joes Crescent/Nelson Way-Rhodena Bell
Porcupine Way-Jack Hobbs
Lakeside Road-Lorne Bowerman
Hardwood Ridge-Ted Manning
Fairs Way and Lane-Howard Stanley
Parsons Way and Lane-Patrick Gilliland
Jim Neelin made a motion to accept the nominations seconded by Mary Elizabeth James. Motion carried.
- Election of auditor. Bud Kern audited our books and all were found in order. Dave MacCrimmon made a motion for Bud to continue as our auditor this was seconded by Connie Bowerman. Motion carried.
- Appointment of bankers. Howard Stanley made a motion that the Patterson Lake Association will use the Royal Bank. Seconded by Ted Manning. Motion carried.
- By-laws confirmation Kathleen Sullivan moved confirmation of the by-laws and this was seconded by Ken Potter. Motion
- Other business.
Discussion on boating speeds and regulations as well as what other lake associations do to manage rules and regulations. Brief discussions on the history of the lake and documentation of the history. Crown land issues were discussed as well as mining mineral rights leading to the possibility of making the Islands and crown lands a protective area. It was agreed that more work to follow on these issues. Ted Manning bought up fishing and that we should find out if the fishing is as good or has it changed over the years Also talk to your neighbours and association representatives and give there ideas on what the risks and issues are and what we can do that will keep the lake as it is now for future generations.
- Motion to adjourn by Don Barnard and seconded by Dorothy Hobbs carried. The meeting ended at 3.00 PM