Minutes of the Annual General Meeting
The Patterson Lake Association of Lanark Highlands
September 6, 2009
Watsons Corners Hall, Lanark Highlands
1. Ted Manning, the President, opened the meeting at 2:00 PM and welcomed everyone. Ted asked everyone to introduce themselves.
2. Lorne Bowerman, the Secretary, confirmed that we have a quorum, which is 20% of the paid up members.
3. Lorne moved seconded by Kathleen Sullivan that the Agenda be accepted, with the correction of date that it was the 2008 minutes to be accepted, not the 2007. Carried.
4. Connie Bowerman moved seconded by Mary Wilkie that the 2009 AGM minutes be accepted. Carried.
5. Howard Stanley, the Treasurer, presented the financial report for the fiscal year ending July 31, 2009.. We had revenue of $1,060.00, expenses of $662.37, leaving an excess of income over revenue of $397.63. Howard noted that we had 47 paid up property owner members this year and 48 last fiscal year. Howard moved seconded by Ken Potter that the financial report be accepted. Carried with a round of applause for the good job that Howard is doing.
6. Howard presented the Auditor’s Report from Bud Kern (C.B. Kern, CIA) which stated:
The records of Receipts and Disbursements as well as the Balance Sheet have been reviewed and
found to accurately portray the Association’s position for the year ended 31 July, 2009.
Again, Mr. Stanley is to be congratulated. All records were found to be very detailed and easily
reviewed. All prior year’s suggested recommendations were implemented as well.
7. Ted outlined the work being done on the Lake Management Plan (LMP). Sheets had been placed at the back of the Hall for comments. Ted noted that the previous meetings had identified areas of concern as : Lake Water Quality, Lake Level, Enforcement & Compliance, Boating Behaviour, and Environment Protection. Ted noted that the two culverts at Fairs Creek
are scheduled to be replaced with one larger oval shaped one of the same capacity. He said the culvert would be placed at the same level as the ones being replaced.
8. Lorne presented the Nomination Report from the Committee of the Whole of the Board. Nominated for the 2009/2010 year are: Jack Hobbs, Ted Manning, Colin Cleroux, Doug Cross, Howard Stanley, and Rhodena Bell. Lorne asked for further nominations from the floor. There being none, Lorne moved seconded by Howard that nominations cease. Carried. The meeting
welcomed the new Board.
9. Lorne moved seconded by Howard that Bud Kern be appointed Auditor for the Association. Carried.
10. Howard moved seconded by Ken Potter that the Royal Bank be appointed Bankers for the Association. Suggestions were received that the BNS in Lanark, and the BMO be investigated for banking because their community association rates were much lower. Ted said that we would look into it. The motion carried.
11. Other Business: A discussion was held on better times for the AGM. In a show of hands, the time chosen was Saturday of Labour Day Weekend at 10:30. The question for mineral rights was raised and comments given by Ted and Lorne. It is still under consideration by the Ontario Government. The meeting very much appreciated the picnic that was held for the first time in 2009. Lorne moved seconded by Howard that a motion of thanks be passed to the organizers. Carried, with many good comments on a job well done.
12. There being no further business, Mary Wilkie moved seconded by Colin Cleroux that the meeting adjourn. Carried. The meeting adjourned at 2:40 PM. Most present gathered at the back to go over the suggestions for the LMP.