Cottage/Resident/Camper Counts on Patterson Lake
(The 1920 data is still being researched. It is all remembered history.)
|2007 Road Areas||18251||18802||1920||19353||19614||1979||1980||19845||2007|
|Lakeside Rd/White Pine Lane||0||0||0||15|
|Hardwood Ridge Rd||0||0||0||23|
|Parsons Way/Lane Concession 5B||0||0||14||26|
|Nelsons Way/Joes Cres (ex cabins)||0||0||1||1|
1 – Aural history and settler data indicate Archie Patterson and Mary on Mary’s Island.
2 – According to the 1880 Belden Atlas of Lanark County. Cottages/cabins would not be recorded.
3 – Rhodena Bell remembers the Codes, the Dales, and one on Lone Island Camp. The first Purdon cabins were built in 1934.
4 – A January 1980 Background Report from MNR stated there were 4 cottages and 4 resort cabins on the lake in 1961. This is considerably different from the L&F 1961 map where cottages, as shown, were drawn on the map.
5 – A June 1, 1984 field report from MNR gave 59 cottages, 3 permanent residences, 5 commercial cabins, and 2 campers.
Some items of interest noted in the research:
The east half of Lot 15 Concession 6 containing 95 acres was granted to John McGregor by Patent dated April 23, 1866. This section now contains the Lakeside Rd/White Pine Lane road area.
Lot 14 Consession 5 containing 130 acres was granted to The Canada Company by patent dated October 26, 1846. This section now contains the Hardwood Ridge Rd road area.
Culverts in Fairs Creek were installed in 1972 by James Creighton, according to a lawyer produced August 1980 document, to give vehicular access to Hardwood Ridge Rd. This was reported to the Hardwood Ridge Road Committee at it first meeting on September 3, 1972.
Leave a Reply