Minutes of the 5th Meeting of
The Patterson Lake Association
151 Lakeside Rd
October 3, 2004
Present: Lorne Bowerman, Dave MacCrimmon, Howard Stanley.
Regrets: Rhodena Bell. Bill Brooks (in Toronto), Parsons Lane/Way Representative
In Attendence: Mike Stanley (Fairs).
- Lorne opened the meeting at 2:10 PM with a welcome to the new representative of Fairs Lane/Way, Howard Stanley (632 Fairs Lane). Lorne noted that we do not have a representative yet from Parsons Lane/Way, which is a concern to the Association. Dave moved seconded by Howard that the minutes of the last meeting on August 8, 2004 be accepted. Carried.
- Dave noted that the lake level after the heavy rain on September 9 has risen 4″ to 12″ above the bottom of the north culvert. It has subsequently gone down to the normal October level. Dave said that he has not written yet to the MNR, but that he will do so in the future. A discussion was held about the disposal of the debris on the east side of the road near the culverts. Dave thought that we would be better just to leave it there to decay and start a new pile next to the culvert where there is a natural hole. The meeting thought that it was important to keep the culvert clean this fall. A roster was set up as follows:
- 10 October to 23 October – Lakeside Rd;
- 24 October to 6 November – Fairs Lane/Way;
- November 7 to 20 November – Parsons Lane/Way;
- November 21 to December 4 – Porcupine Way; and,
- 4 December to 18 December – Hardwood Ridge Rd.
- The cleaning within each time frame is left to the discretion of each area. After each area has cleaned the culvert, the representative of the next time slot should be contacted to say the cleaning has been done. This should prevent two cleanings within a very short time.
- Lorne will take in the marker buoys after Thanksgiving, and store them for the winter. Those who have out their own marker buoys are expected to take them out.
- Lorne reported that with his new fish finder he can determine the thermocline depth. He plans to record this for future use.
- Dave moved seconded by Howard that the host of an upcoming meeting contact by phone all members within one week prior to the meeting as a reminder. Carried
- A good discussion about the Lake Steward position took place. The members agreed that it is an Association function, but because of the need for continuity, it was considered that it was best to leave the task with Terry Wilkie. Lorne reported that Terry was agreeable. The interface and reporting to the Association will be through the Fairs Lane/Way
- The next meeting was set for 2:00 PM Sunday April 17, 2005 at 399 Hardwood Ridge Rd. Howard moved seconded by Dave that the meeting adjourn. Carried.