The Patterson Lake Association of Lanark Highlands
Purdon Beach, Patterson Lake, On
August 8, 2015
Present: Ted Manning, Rhodena Bell, Judy Young, Susane Latrenouille, Howard Stanley, Jack Hobbs, and Lorne Bowerman.
- Ted opened the meeting at 1:15 pm after a great picnic, thanks to the space provided by Rhodena. About 40 people were in attendance. As well Ted noted that Watersheds Canada and MVCA had representatives here who did demonstrations and talked to the lake members.
- Lorne moved seconded by Rhodena that the Agenda be accepted. Carried.
- Lorne moved seconded by Howard that the minutes of the June 8, 2015 meeting be accepted. Carried.
- Financial Report: Howard reported a bank balance of $1,941.32 as of July 30, 2015 and 20 members.
- Lorne presented a bill for $109.96 for a Tim Hortin’s gift certificate, hot dogs, rolls, ice, condiments, and cookies for the Picnic. Judy presented a bill for $31.46 for vegetable and fruit trays. Jack moved seconded by Susane that all bills be paid. Carrried. Lorne noted that the two trays were a good addition to the menu. It should be noted that Watersheds Canada also donated a veggie tray.
- Lorne reported that the shoal rock marker suffered severe damage in a storm and that the propane tank base had broken loose and disappeared. Lorne noted that it was not a requirement of the Association to put out and maintain a buoy. He thought that we should see if anyone else was willing to do it. Lorne moved seconded by Rhodena that the Association not provide a buoy. Carried.
- Ted asked Lorne for a report on the next Newsletter. Lorne said he was planning for about the Thnksgiving weekend. He noted that we would have information about septic systems.
- Lorne moved seconded by Judy that the meeting be adjourned at 1:25 pm. Carried. (Secretarial Note: Lorne told Ted after the meeting that we did not decide on a place and time for the next meeting. Ted suggested that unless something urgent came up, he did not see a meeting before April 2016. Lorne said his place was available in Ottawa for a meeting, whenever called.)
Leave a Reply