Minutes of the Board of
Directors of the
Patterson Lake Association of
Gilliland Cottage, 5th
Concession B Lanark Highlands, ON
June 15, 2007 at 7:00 PM
Present: Lorne Bowerman, Ted Manning, Patrick Gilliland, and Howard Stanley,
Regrets: Jack Hobbs.
1. Lorne opened the meeting at 7.00 PM.
Howard moved seconded by Rhodena that the distributed agenda be
2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting: Patrick moved seconded by Howard the minutes of the last Board
meeting on April 19, 2006 be approved. Carried.
3. Financial Report: As of May 31,
2007, 52 paid members and a $70
donation from Hardwood Ridge Road Association. Our bank balance is $713.94.
We have current expenses of
$64.95 for water test kits, and $27.95
for our newsletter costs and mail out cost of $55.12. It was moved by Howard and seconded by Ted that we pay current
4. Members water testing results:
Howard, Ted, and Lorne discussed results thus far. There was nothing out of the ordinary. A discussion was held of possible sampling
of lake bottom springs. It was decided
that Lorne will put together a spread sheet with the data in each category
sampled. It was agreed that this was a
good exercise that gave us some idea of where we were.
5. A report by was made by Lorne on
coordinated septic tank cleaning.
Lorne will make information available on septic specs and publish in our
6. Lake level, lake temperature, secchi readings
(water clarity), and culvert cleaning action, if needed: Culverts: Ted reported that the culverts
levels are low and that some one down stream had blown out the dam. No action
required on our part. The Board is firm that we should continue monitoring the
culverts. The meeting asked Rhodena to talk to the Township saying that we want
to be kept informed about Township staff cleaning the culverts, and that we
want to be consulted if they are going to clean out any debris from culverts.
7. Lost owners follow-up: Lorne noted the our last mail out of our newsletter. We had a few returned mail of our
newsletter. Lorne will pass the
returned envelopes to each area.
Suggestions for the next newsletter in August, included septic tank
facts and info, lake sampling reporting and loon nesting and Agm reminder and
that we will collection of fees at AGM.
8. September 2, 2007 AGM planning – sign-in,
voting, right to speak, reports, other. Please note Lorne has booked the hall
at Watsons Corners for AGM and we had a discussion on voting it was determined
that voting would be done by cards and registration would be carried out prior
It was noted that Howards financial report will be
due for the AGM and our end of the year is next month.
Thanks to Lorne and Connie Bowerman for the
embosser that they donated to the Patterson Lake Association
9. Meetings: The next meeting was set for 1:00 to 3:00 PM, August 12 at
Howards place on Patterson Lake, The AGM is from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM on Sunday
September 2, 2007 at Watsons Corners.
Jack will probably host the October meeting in Ottawa at a time and date
to be determined.
10. Adjournment: Rhodena moved seconded by Patrick that the meeting adjourn
at 8:00 PM. Carried.
In the listing below, “(H)” means “home” and “(L)”
Rhodena Bell, Box 32, McDonalds Corners, ON K0G 1M0
(H)613-267-5291 (L)613-278-2562 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack Hobbs, (L) 293 Porcupine Way, (H)170 Glenora St, Ottawa, ON K1S 1J7
Lorne Bowerman, (L) 151 Lakeside Road, (H) 6 Lipstan Ave, Nepean, ON K2E 5Z3
(H)613-225-7904 (L)613-278-2813 email@example.com
Ted Manning, (L) 407 Hardwood Ridge Rd, (H) 1980 Saunderson Dr, Ottawa, ON
K1G 2E2 (H)613-521-0594 (Cell)613-866-0594 firstname.lastname@example.org
Howard Stanley, (L)632 Fairs Way (H) 313 Hinchey Ave, Ottawa, ON K1Y 1M1
(H)613-722-6846 (L)613-278-1064 email@example.com
Patrick Gilliland, (L)5th Concession B (H)33 Garrison St, Ottawa, ON K1Y 2V1