Meeting of the Board of Directors
Patterson Lake Association of Lanark Highlands
6 Lipstan Ave, Nepean, ON , October 5, 2010
In Attendance: Ted Manning, Lorne Bowerman, Doug Cross, Howard Stanley and Colin Cleroux
Regrets: Jack Hobbs
- Ted called the meeting to order at 7:30
- Ted welcomed Lorne Bowerman to the meeting and motioned that Lorne be given voting authority, seconded by Howard. The agenda was accepted.
- The minutes of the August 14,2010 meeting were accepted.
- Howard presented the treasurer’s report. We have a bank balance of $1,857.61 as of Sept 30th and 35 paid members.
- Lorne presented the following bills for payment; $184.36 for the lake picnic, $15.81 for marine buoys, $14.63 for website domain name, $25.00 for photocopying and $64.41 for stamps for a total of 304.21. Moved by Howard that the expenses be paid. Seconded by Doug.
- Buoys; Discussion. Lorne reported new format buoy would be ready for the spring of 2011.
- Encouraging more members; discussion. It was agreed to hand deliver the next newsletter at the start of the 2011 cottage season
- Lorne provided an information update on plans for the picnic.
- Discussion regarding a concern raised by a property owner re making sure boats are properly cleaned to avoid Zebra Mussels be brought into Patterson Lake. Doug and Colin agreed to ask Anglers and
Hunters Association and Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority if signs are available for placement on roads with access to the lake.
- Howard moved seconded Doug that Lorne carry on as signing officer until resolution of what bank changes were needed. Carried.
- The date for the next meeting was scheduled for April 16, 2011 at Ted’s cottage or in Ottawa.
- It was moved by Colin and seconded by Lorne that the meeting adjourn. Carried.
Leave a Reply