of the Board of Directors
Patterson Lake Association of Lanark Highlands
Lipstan Ave, Ottawa
Lorne Bowerman, Patrick Gilliland, Jack Hobbs, and Howard Stanley.
Rhodena Bell and Ted Manning
Lorne opened the meeting at 7:30 PM and noted that we have a quorum.
In the absence of Rhodena, Lorne took the minutes and will circulate
a draft to the Board prior to publishing them on the Internet.
Patrick moved seconded by Jack that the agenda be accepted.
Howard moved seconded by Jack that the minutes of the last meeting
be accepted. Carried. Howard noted that we had two para numbered “6”
in the last minutes. Lorne will correct.
Financial: Howard reported that as of the meeting we have 45
members, and that we have a bank balance totaling $1,020.45. Howard
moved seconded by Patrick that the financial report be accepted.
Carried. A suggestion was made to Howard to see whether on-line
banking could be done which would provide quicker access to end of
Lorne commented that he had completed the historical fact sheets for
his two assigned subjects of Flora & Fauna, and History of the
Lake Development. Lorne said that he quite enjoyed the exercise,
which was mostly done using Google. Howard did
not have the time to tackle Recreational Use. Lorne
offered to take the task on, and Howard accepted. Lorne will check
with Ted on his assigned task of Water Management. Lorne plans to
look for the pioneer cemetery on Archie Patterson’s homestead this
Lorne reported that the website had been successfully transferred
from the bowerman.ca website to the pattersonlake.ca website. The
website particulars were distributed in the hope that others may
become involved in its management, and to provide backup information
in case something happens.
The meeting decided to delay any further discussion on the Lake
Management Plan until the next meeting. Lorne noted that all
leftover test strips should be given to Ted who will test the lake at
the culvert during the summer. The meeting agreed that last year’s
results demonstrated the closeness of the results from the different
lake areas and from the feeding creeks and springs.
Jack brought the OPP Crime Prevention & Marine Safety brochure
to the meeting. Kathleen Sullivan had picked them up for the
Association. It was decided to distribute them at the road
association meetings, and distribute any leftovers at the AGM.
Patrick suggested we obtain the PDF file and put it up on the
website. Lorne will action.
A good discussion was held on the Cottage Safety and Inquiries Phone
Number List: Howard moved seconded by Jack that we include the
one-quarter sheet size list with the next newsletter. Carried. Jack
suggested that we should try to print the list on coloured stock to
make it more attention getting. Lorne will investigate the printing.
This will probably be an annual production. A note will be put in
the newsletter asking for suggestions on what numbers should be
A good discussion was held on possible summer events, however
nothing firm could be decided. Lorne will email Board members for
suggestions with the hope of including something in the next
A draft of the first page of the next newsletter was given out
showing the ad for Mississippi Valley Conservation. After
discussion, it was moved by Howard and seconded by Patrick that we
place the 1/8th page ad free of charge. Carried.
12. Lorne reported that
the first three pages of the next newsletter, due about mid-May,
will publish some of the fact sheet data prepared by Lorne. The last
page could be used for more general information. Jack suggested that
we could place some classified ads there from Lake Association
members. The ads could be for sale items, items wanted, or general
ads. This would only be available to those who had paid their
Association membership dues. After further discussion, Jack moved
seconded by Patrick that a classified section be added to the
newsletter for members. Carried.
13. The next meeting will
be hosted by Jack and held at 9:00 AM, Saturday, June 21, at 293
Porcupine Way. There being no further business, Jack moved seconded
by Patrick that the meeting adjourn. Carried. The meeting adjourned
at 8:40 PM.
Leave a Reply