Minutes of the 1st Meeting of
The Patterson Lake Association
August 30, 2003
Present: Rhodena Bell, Bill Brooks, Lorne Bowerman, Dave MacCrimmon, Martyn Howard,
Terry Wilkie, and Howard Stanley.
- Lorne welcomed the members to 151 Lakeside Rd at 10:00 AM. The meeting agreed that Lorne would be interim Chair until the executive under the draft Constitution was put in place. The Agenda prepared and distributed by Lorne was accepted for the meeting with an additional item of incorporation being added.
- The aims and objectives of the draft were amended to delete reference to the watershed area in subparagraph 2a.
- Under membership, the meeting agreed that the basis for membership would be one member, elected or appointed, from each of the following road associations/areas of the Lake:
- Joe’s Cres/Nelson Way – Rhodena Bell
- Porcupine Way – Bill Brooks
- White Pine Lane/Lakeside Rd – Lorne Bowerman
- Hardwood Ridge Rd – Dave MacCrimmon
- Parsons Way/Parsons Lane – Martyn Howard
- Fair’s Lane – Terry Wilkie
- A good discussion was held on the makeup of the Executive. Because of the nature of the Association, the meeting agreed that there would be one president and five vice-presidents with each representing the road associations/area. The president will represent his or her road association/area and carry out any vice-presidential duties assigned by the Association. The secretarial or treasurer tasks would be additional duties handled by the president or vice-presidents.
- The meeting appointed Lorne as President. He will also do the secretarial duties. The meeting decided that communications between the Lake Association and the individual members of road associations would be through the vice-presidents. As well, the meeting set the membership fee per dwelling at $5, to be collected on an as required basis by the vice-presidents. These funds would be retained and accounted for by the vice-presidents and used for expenses connected with communications (copying, envelopes, postage, etc.) with the individual members of road associations/areas.
- The remainder of the draft Constitution was reviewed. Lorne will produce a second draft.
- A discussion was held on the merits of incorporation for the Association. The meeting thought that for the present it was not necessary. It can be revisited at a future meeting if necessary.
- The meeting decided that notification of the formation of a Lake Association would be sent to the Township Mayor and the six councilors, and in addition to the Economic Development Commission for the Township.
- A good discussion was held on the prime duties for Association members. These will be performed on a continuing basis regardless of any executive position held by the members. The following were the assigned duties:
- Water Quality – Lorne
- Lake Level – Dave
- Commercial Development – Rhodena
- Hazard Marking Buoys – Martyn
- History of Patterson Lake for the past 10,000 years – Bill and Rhodena
- Mineral Rights – Terry
- The date for the next meeting was set for Sunday October 19, 2003 at 2:00 PM. The meeting will be hosted by Dave at 399 Hardwood Ridge Rd.
- The meeting adjourned at 11:00 AM.
Rhodena – Collection of dues and work on history.
Bill – Collection of dues and work on history.
Lorne – 2nd draft constitution; notification of Mayor and Council, Economic
Office, water quality, newsletter, and collection of dues.
Dave – Collection of dues and work on the Lake level project.
Martyn – Collection of dues and examination of marker buoys.
Terry – Collection of dues and investigation of mineral rights.