Minutes of the Board of Directors
The Patterson Lake Association of Lanark Highlands
1980 Saunderson Dr
April 12, 2011
Present: Ted Manning, Howard Stanley, Doug Cross, Lorne Bowerman, and Colin Cleroux
Regrets: Jack Hobbs.
- Ted opened the meeting at 7:10 PM and noted that we have a quorum.
- Howard moved, seconded by Ted, that the agenda be accepted. Carried.
- Colin moved, seconded by Lorne, that the minutes of the last meeting on October 5, 2010 be accepted as amended. Carried.
- There was a discussion regarding importance of PLA being aware of possible new development projects on the lake. Colin agreed to check with township office re the status and/or existence of any formal plans.
- Financial: Howard reported that as of March 30th, we have 41 paid members and that we have a bank balance totaling $1690.90. Howard submitted a bill for $75.00 for Watson Corners hall
rental for 2010 AGM. Lorne moved seconded by Ted that the bill be paid. Carried.
- Buoys. Lorne will be putting out a new private buoy on the rock off Mary’s Island the long weekend in May.
- Lake Management Plan (LMP) discussion. Ted would like to table the LMP at the next township meeting and present it at the 2011 AGM for final approval. For the plan, Colin is to check the township office for any hunting regulations related to shoreline or lake
- Doug and Colin provided four signs for posting around the lake re the prevention of invasive species. Colin agreed to ask for three more signs and handouts for distribution to interested
- After discussion, Lorne moved seconded by Howard, that Colin be authorized to invite a member of the Mississippi Valley Conservation to meet with Lake Association members. Carried.
- Lorne said that the next newsletter will be ready for distribution on the May long weekend. It was agreed that the Board members would do the distribution for their own area and mail out those which could not be delivered.
- After discussion it was moved by Lorne and seconded by Doug that the Association Board organize the Lake Picnic for 2011, to take place Saturday August 6 with a rain date of Sunday August 7. Carried.
Lorne agreed to be the main organizer for the Picnic. A number of suggestions were made to spark interest in the Picnic, such as sharing bird lists, a paddle boat flotilla, sharing
of favourite photos of the lake, or a display for Naming of the Islands. Lorne will include information on the Picnic in the next Newsletter.
- Meetings: Lorne agreed to host the next Board meeting Sunday, June 12 at 10:30am at 151 Lakeside Road. It was moved by Howard and seconded by Lorne that the AGM take place at 10:30 am on the Saturday of the Labour Day weekend (September 3) followed by a pot luck brunch. Carried.
- It was moved by Lorne and seconded by Howard that the meeting adjourn at 8:20pm.